Perfect for a light lunch or dinner, this salad recipe is refreshing and delicious with an awesome Asian flare!
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1-1 ½ Tbsp. Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil, optional
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Ginger, minced or grated
ASIAN CHICKEN SALAD
- 1 cup Lettuce or Spring Mix
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ cup Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ cup Shredded Carrots
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1½ cups Cooked Chicken Breast, poached or grilled
- 1 cup Mandarins or Pineapples cubes
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼-½ cup Crunchy Fried Wonton Strips or Chow Mein Noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro Leaves, optional
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until thoroughly combined. (The sauce should be thin enough to drizzle with a spoon.)
FOR THE CHICKEN SALAD
- In a large bowl, lettuce mix, combine the cabbage, spring mix, carrots, pepper, mandarins and or pineapples and chicken.
- To plate the salad, drizzle with a few teaspoons of peanut satay dressing, top with crunchy wontons or chow mein noodles, sesame seeds and cilantro leaves as garnish. Salt and pepper to taste.
You can also throw to together whatever ingredients you have on hand for a more simple version of this salad. I always have different variations of the salad depending on what I have on hand.